This Year’s White Rose Garden is Now in Bloom!
The White Rose Garden is in full bloom! While this past year has made it somewhat challenging for us to stay connected, it’s helped us gain perspective. We realize now more than ever the importance of showing appreciation for our sisters. And what’s a great way to do that? By sending a rose, of course! The White Rose Garden has been “blooming” at National Convention for over 35 years. Since 1985, thousands of roses have been sent to Kappa Delta sisters, friends, family and mentors to celebrate and honor their impact on our lives. The best part? Each rose supports the Kappa Delta Foundation and its incredible mission. With each rose you send this year, you help increase scholarship support for our sisters to further their education.
But who should you send roses to? Great question! If you’re in need of suggestions, look no further! Here are five rose-worthy suggestions:
- A newly graduated sister. Many sisters recently tossed their graduation caps, and what better way to celebrate a new grad and her accomplishments than by sending her a rose? The funds you’re donating will go right back to increase scholarship support for women just like her!
- A volunteer. Chapter advisors, housing volunteers and the national leadership team do so much for Kappa Delta! They spend their free time devoting energy to KD, so why not show some love and let them know how much you appreciate their hard work? Send a rose to say, “thank you!”
- A special mother figure in your life. Do you have a special mother figure in your life? Whether she’s a Kappa Delta or not, consider honoring her with a rose and a kind message to remind her how much you appreciate her!
- Your sorority family. There’s nothing like little and big sisters, and we all know what an impact these women can have on your life! These sisters often feel like real family at your home away from home. Thank them for all the good times and support with a rose.
- A coworker or professional mentor. From nine to five every day, your coworkers are there for you! Why not send your boss, the members of your team or your employees a rose? Let them know how much you appreciate them helping you succeed in your career!
These are just a few of the many incredible women (or men!) you could send a rose to. And while not every recipient needs to be a KD, with the Member Search function, it’s easier than ever to find and send a rose to your sisters! When you send roses from the White Rose Garden, you’re supporting hundreds of members looking to further their education. Click here to send a rose today!