September is International Women’s Friendship Month!
What exactly is International Women’s Friendship Month? We’re glad you asked! IWFM is a month dedicated to celebrating the important women in your life. Childhood friends, college friends (like your KD sisters), workplace friends and even family—the bonds we share with other women are so empowering! During September, why not love on your favorite gal pals with gifts, get-togethers, special adventures and all-out celebrations?
Mark your calendar and join in the fun as we celebrate women’s friendship each September!
Here’s a few ideas…
- Send some snail mail to say “Hi!” and brighten a friend’s day.
- Send a virtual white rose from the KD Foundation White Rose Garden to not only honor a friend but make a difference in other sisters’ lives.
- Schedule a monthly book club or board game night so you can see your gal pals on the regular.
- Plan a girls’ night out and enjoy dinner or see a movie. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, try an escape room.
- Get sweaty and work out together! Try a fitness trend that gets you out of your comfort zone. Who doesn’t love goat yoga?
- Have a FaceTime date or send a text telling a friend how awesome she is (or even better – tell her in GIFs)!
- Sign up for a cooking class or pick a new recipe to cook at home together.
- Embrace your shared love for dogs and visit a dog park or plan a puppy play date.
- Go big and plan a weekend away. Rent an AirBnb, go hiking, hot-air ballooning, white water rafting – you name it!
- Go out for coffee and just listen. Friendship check-ins are just as important as having fun.
- Plan a brunch for all the women in your family! Galentine’s Day doesn’t have to be one day a year.
- Create a shared Spotify playlist with songs that remind you of each other.
- Take the enneagram test (or another personality test) with a friend and compare your results. How are you different? How are you similar?
- Host a DIY arts and crafts night. Old school friendship bracelets, anyone?
- Surprise a female coworker or your boss with their favorite coffee order.
- Write a kind note to your favorite female professor. Chances are, you’ll make her day!
- Love those TikTok dance challenges? Try one together!
- Organize a meal train for a friend who’s going through a major life event.
- Are your friends scattered all around? Schedule a Netflix Party so you can enjoy movie nights together, no matter the distance!
Don’t forget to spread the word on social media using the hashtag #IWFM. To download graphics to share, click below!