The holiday season is in full bloom and so is the White Rose Garden! With the National Collegiate Training Academy approaching in January, there’s no better time to donate to the White Rose Garden than during the holiday season. The garden has been a tradition since its first appearance at the 1985 National Convention in Palm Beach, Florida. Each year, it continues to grow thanks to generous sisters, families and friends. This year, we hope to have the largest garden yet! Here are five reasons why you should send a rose:
- To honor a sister who inspires you. Kappa Delta sisters are lifelong friends and supporters. Purchase a rose in honor of a sister who has played an important role in your life. Let her know how she’s inspired you to go confidently and follow your dreams!
- To honor incoming or outgoing chapter council members. Council members dedicate their time, talent and energy to lead Kappa Delta during their term. Send a rose in appreciation of their hard work.
- To spread holiday cheer. Whether celebrating the holidays near or far, with friends or family, wish your sisters happy holidays and best wishes in the new year with a rose!
- To congratulate sisters graduating in December. Commemorate this milestone by sending your graduating sisters a rose in celebration of their academic achievements and the adventures that lie ahead!
- To invest in Kappa Delta. Your donation to the Kappa Delta Foundation makes it possible for sisters to further their education, participate in leadership training and advance their professional development. Plus, when you purchase a rose, it will inspire a sister to purchase one, too!
Unlike ABC’s Bachelor or Bachelorette, there’s no limit to the number of roses you can give! The sister search tool on the donation website makes it easy to find Kappa Delta sisters from any chapter. If every KD sent a rose, we could raise over $1 million in support of Kappa Delta scholarships, internships and leadership programs. We hope we can count on you to grow the garden!
By Catherine Wylie, Kappa Delta Foundation intern