February 28, 2017
In a month dedicated to talking about healthy relationships, we can’t overlook some of the most powerful relationships in our lives—friendships! Whether your closest friends are from high school, your chapter, your workplace or another stop along the way of life, you can gain great strength and confidence from the women in your circles. Does #squadgoals truly apply to you and your friends? Keep reading to find out.
1. They see the best in you. Your best friends are the ones who are your biggest fans, even when things aren’t going your way. They think you could hang the moon if you set your mind to it and won’t let you forget it.
2. You can count on them for honest feedback. Being your biggest fan also means they want you to be your absolute best. If you ask them for feedback, they are going to give you the good and the bad – with love, of course!
3. Your friendship allows you to be vulnerable. Trusting people with your feelings and your heart can be scary, but you know you can let your guard down with the right people. This includes everything from sharing your dreams to letting them know when you’re hurting.
4. They respect your decisions even when they’re different from their own. Whether it’s studying abroad, changing your major or just staying in on the weekends, your best friends will love and respect you no matter what you decide.
5. You can be yourself around them. You can tell cheesy jokes, eat weird snacks and have terrible dance moves. They will love you no matter what.
The best friendships are the ones that make you better. Focus your energy on healthy, positive, fun friendships, and you’ll be amazed at the strength and inspiration they give you!