December 1, 2020
“Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” – Booker T. Washington
Winter has arrived! The weather is chillier, it gets dark earlier and the hustle and bustle of the end of the year can be stressful. How will you cope?
We’re here to remind you this time of year is also the season of giving. Giving can bring so much joy to your life and to the lives of others. So as you’re muddling through, consider taking time for joy and give back in these five ways.
1. Look around and see who in your community needs help.Is it your local soup kitchen, Habitat for Humanity or local nursing home? Any time or resources you can give – whether safely in-person or virtually – will make such a difference. To find volunteer opportunities in your area, visit this website.
2. Make a donation on Giving Tuesday.With the many days at year-end focused on spending (Black Friday, Shop Small Saturday and Cyber Monday), Giving Tuesday kicks off the season of giving by inspiring people to give back. The Kappa Delta Foundation is hosting KD Giving Tuesday to raise funds that will ensure support for KD sisters wherever the need is greatest. Share the joy that comes from sisters helping sisters in a time of need. Click here to donate now.
3. Adopt a family for the holidays.What better way to spread joy? Your local community organizations can help match you with a family in need. Make it a sisterhood activity and spread joy together.
4. Take time for self-care. Your mental and emotional health are so important. Check-in with yourself every once in a while. It can be as simple as writing what you are thankful for once a day or reading a new book every night before bed.
5. Thank your co-workers, friends and family. The year has been full of ups and downs. Let the people in your life know you appreciate them. Hand-write a note, give them a call or send a text. Any way you do it is sure to bring them joy.