Top 17 Moments of 2017
In 2017, Kappa Deltas everywhere made a difference by building confidence and inspiring action. As we prepare to ring in 2018, let’s reflect on some of this year’s highlights.
- With the installation of two new chapters (Theta Pi-Alabama/Birmingham and Theta Rho-George Mason), we have 166 active collegiate chapters – the largest number of chapters in Kappa Delta history.
- We initiated over 7,000 new members. Welcome sisters!
- Kappa Delta Foundation made a record donation of $497,985.40 to Prevent Child Abuse America.
- In August, Kappa Delta’s 62nd Biennial National Convention took place in Phoenix, Arizona, with over 900 in attendance.
- In June, we welcomed our new National President, Tricia Ruma Spence, and new Foundation Board Chairman, Beth Martin Langford.
- The Kappa Delta Foundation awarded $147,900 in graduate and undergraduate scholarships to 74 deserving Kappa Deltas. In addition, the foundation created six new scholarships this year. The foundation’s impact has reached $2 million in scholarship distributions since 1972.
- In 2017, Kappa Delta alumnae reorganized four alumnae chapters.
- Kappa Delta took home eight Fraternity Communications Awards for the Angelos, My KD Story videos and the museum video.
- Kappa Delta’s collegiate divisions were restructured, increasing from 13 to 19 divisions in response to extension growth over the last 10 years.
- The Norman Shield was redesigned in 2017, and the new-member program was updated.
- More than $64,00 was raised at the White Rose Garden at convention.
- The KD Foundation selected 23 Corre Award recipients – the most recipients in a single year in its history!
- The KD Tour Day at the Children’s Hospital of Richmond was held on Nov. 4. At this year’s check presentation ceremony, we had the most states represented with 320 KDs from four states.
- Delta Gamma-Western Kentucky took home the Council Award and the Nashville, Tennessee, Alumnae Chapter received the Marjorie Rowles Stakes Award, recognizing them as the best collegiate and alumnae chapters in the country.
- Theta Beta-Washington/St. Louis reported the highest GPA in the organization.
- Omega Chi-Cornell celebrated its 100th anniversary, and Lambda-Northwestern celebrated 110 years!
- In 2017, we surpassed 100,000 social media followers across all channels!