Top 10 Moments of 2018
In 2018, Kappa Deltas everywhere made a difference by building confidence and inspiring action. As we prepare to ring in 2019, let’s reflect on some of this year’s highlights!
- With the installation of three new chapters (Sigma Zeta-Michigan, Theta Tau-Bentley and Theta Upsilon-Loyola), we have 169 active collegiate chapters – the largest number of chapters in Kappa Delta history.
- We initiated over 8,000 new members. Welcome, sisters!
- Our average GPA in 2018 was a 3.34. (Beta Tau-Vanderbilt had the highest GPA of 3.71.) Way to go!
- We celebrated the 20th anniversary of Kappa Delta’s partnership with Girl Scouts of the USA and volunteered over 125,000 hours with Girl Scouts.
- In January 2018, more than 1,000 collegiate chapter officers, CAB members, local housing volunteers and NLT met up in Orlando, Florida, for national training.
- We reconnected with more than 28,000 members whose addresses were found through the database clean-up project. Welcome back! We missed you!
- We raised $2.6 million through Shamrock events to help prevent child abuse.
- The Kappa Delta Foundation awarded $209,000 in graduate and undergraduate scholarship and selected 17 Corre Award recipients.
- Kappa Delta took home four Fraternity Communications Association awards, including the coveted Fred F. Yoder Award for Overall Excellence for The Angelos.
- The Kappa Delta Foundation awarded KiDs Grants to four Kappa Delta alumnae and alumnae chapters to partner on projects with local non-profit agencies, impacting an estimated 12,790 individuals.