Enable JavaScript to ensure website accessibility

Kappa Deltas Raise Funds to Support Child Abuse Prevention

Memphis, Tennessee – On Oct. 18, 2018, former National President Alison Jakes Argersinger presented a check for $469,516 to Prevent Child Abuse America for its national efforts to improve the lives of children and families. Alison was joined by leadership development consultants from Theta Upsilon-Loyola and members of the chapter councils at Lambda-Northwestern and Zeta Psi-Valparaiso.

The check represents donations raised during annual Shamrock events hosted by Kappa Delta collegiate and alumnae chapters for the 2017-2018 academic year. Events included 5K runs, spaghetti dinners, KD carnivals, golf tournaments, team sporting events, dance competitions and more.

Chapters donate 80 percent of the total funds raised to child abuse prevention agencies in their local communities. The remaining 20 percent is sent to the Kappa Delta Foundation to support the work of Prevent Child Abuse America, a national organization founded by the late Donna Stone, a member of Kappa Delta. Kappa Delta’s relationship with PCA America began in 1981, and since that time, the sorority has raised more than $24 million toward child abuse prevention. To date, total funds raised for the 2018-2019 year is more than $1.6 million.

Dan Duffy, president and CEO of PCA America, said, “We are eternally grateful for their energy and dedication in supporting our mission to prevent the abuse and neglect of our nation’s children. We look forward to continuing our work together, reaching more children and families in the future than we ever dreamed possible.”

In addition to Shamrock events, Kappa Delta chapters participate in Child Abuse Prevention Month in April by planting pinwheel gardens to raise awareness as a symbol of happy childhoods.

CONTACT: Sara Cullins, director of development
sara.cullins@kappadelta.org create new email

Kappa Delta Sorority is a national organization for women with nearly 270,000 members, more than 500 chartered alumnae chapters and 168 active collegiate chapters. Established in 1981, the Kappa Delta Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to secure funds for the educational, leadership and charitable purposes of Kappa Delta Sorority. The foundation is supported by member donations and bequests that fund programs and initiatives such as scholarships, internships, grants and more. Kappa Delta National Headquarters is in Memphis, Tennessee. For more information, visit www.kappadelta.org/foundation.