Foundation Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships
With the rising costs of college tuition, many members could not complete their education if it weren’t for Kappa Delta Foundation scholarships. To help members reach their educational goals, the foundation provides in excess of $600,000 in undergraduate, graduate and leadership scholarships to Kappa Deltas each year. These scholarships are made possible through generous gifts and bequests to the Kappa Delta Foundation.
The application window for 2022 is now closed. See below for application timeline.
- October 22nd – Applications live
- January 8th – Deadline for all applications
- February – April – Scholarship committee reviews applications
- April – Kappa Delta Foundation Board reviews and approves scholarship awards
- May – Applicants are notified of status
- July – Scholarship checks are distributed directly to recipients’ college or university
- Kappa Delta members, both collegiate and alumnae, in good standing with the organization
- Member must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
There are both merit and need-based scholarships. For merit scholarships, applicants are scored in several categories: academic achievement, involvement (KD/campus/community/work), and personal statements. For need-based scholarships, applicants are scored based on academic achievement, financial need and personal statements.
Most Kappa Delta scholarships are open to all applicants, but some have been established for a particular chapter, field of study, state of residence or college.