December 30, 2016
As we prepare to say goodbye to 2016, check out these top 16 KD moments of the year.
16. KDHQ joined Snapchat.
We have loved taking everyone inside National Headquarters and KD chapters across the country this year. Join the fun! Add us by username (kappadeltahq) or Snapcode!
15. Our largest consultant class hit the road in August.
With 21 leadership development consultants, this year’s LDC class is the largest in KD history. Learn more about them here.
14. The Kappa Delta Foundation awarded A LOT of scholarships.
Eighty-nine (yes, 89!) foundation scholarships totaling $190,000 went to deserving members. Twenty of those were Corre Anding Stegall Collegiate Leadership Award winners who received a scholarship along with their award.
13. We took home three FCA awards.
The Fraternity Communications Association recognized Kappa Delta for its national magazine, The Angelos, social media engagement and multimedia.
12. The Kappa Delta Foundation held a successful White Rose Garden.
The Kappa Delta Foundation‘s White Rose Garden at NCTA raised $42,460 to support the foundation’s charitable, leadership and educational initiatives. Thanks for your support!
11. We added three new collegiate chapters to our sisterhood.
It was a year of tremendous growth for Kappa Delta! With the installation of Iota-Centre, Theta Omicron-Westchester and Theta Xi- North Carolina/Wilmington, we now have 165 active collegiate chapters.
10. Every Girl Scouts National Young Women of Distinction received a scholarship from KD.
In October, the Kappa Delta Foundation presented college scholarships worth $5,000 each to all 10 Girl Scouts recognized as National Young Women of Distinction, the highest award in Girl Scouting.
9. Kappa Delta alumnae organized or re-organized nine alumnae chapters.
We now have 219 alumnae chapters nationwide. Kappa Delta is for a lifetime!
8. We celebrated Founders Day at National Headquarters with more than 200 sisters!
On Kappa Delta’s 119th Founders Day, we celebrated with an open house and museum dedication at National Headquarters. Guests toured the newly renovated headquarters building and Kappa Delta museum.
7. Our website got an upgrade.
The new and improved Kappa Delta website includes features like “My KD Story” videos, the KD blog, Resource Library and Find a Chapter. Check it out!
6. Over 400 members attended KD Tour Day at the Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU.
In November, a record number of 431 Kappa Delta collegians and alumnae traveled from chapters in Virginia, North Carolina and Maryland to attend the 21st Annual KD Tour Day at Children’s Hospital.
5. In spring 2016, Kappa Delta revealed a new and improved Angelos, Kappa Delta’s national magazine.
Check out our favorite articles from this year!
4. Kappa Delta welcomed 7,883 new initiates to its sisterhood in 2016.
We can’t wait to welcome even more sisters in the New Year.
3. Nearly 2,000 Kappa Delta leaders gathered for NCTA.
In February, Kappa Delta’s third Biennial National Collegiate Training Academy took place in Orlando, Florida. With almost 2,000 attendees, it was our largest national gathering to date.
2. Kappa Delta Shamrock Events raised the most funds ever in a single academic year.
Chapters across the country raised more than $2.1 million to support national and local child abuse prevention efforts.
1. We launched a new brand!
Number one in our top 16 moments countdown is Kappa Delta’s new brand! Launched in February at NCTA, the brand includes the new logo and tagline: Building Confidence. Inspiring Action.