Title: Senior Training & Development Manager
Date: February 5, 2022
Supervisor: Director of Collegiate Experience
Status: Full-Time Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The senior training and development manager (STDM) supervises and manages workflow and organizational priorities of the training and development team, including collegiate member education, officer training, differentiated member experience programming and local and national volunteer onboarding and training. This individual is responsible for developing and managing holistic, timely, scalable, and effective curriculum executed through both in-person opportunities and our Learning Management System (LMS).
This individual should be able to work collaboratively with the collegiate experience department and demonstrate an elevated initiative and strategic vision to develop resources and training that align with the team’s educational philosophy and current strategic vision. The STDM must have strong interpersonal and management skills, understand chapter management procedures and teaching theories. The STDM must have a flexible schedule as this position requires occasional work outside of regular business hours as needs arise. The STDM will report to the Director of Collegiate Experience (DCE), manage the Training and Development Managers, and work closely with the National Vice President (NVP), National Vice President-Collegians (NVP-C) and the National Leadership Team (NLT).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
Training and Development Team
- Manage the collegiate experience programming workflow and deliverables against project timelines to meet the defined vision, strategy and ensure all projects are measured objectively for effectiveness with supporting data to quantify outcomes.
- Manage the training and development team responsible for development and implementation of risk prevention, all-member education, differentiated member experiences, collegiate officer and volunteer training including deliverables and measurable outcomes.
- Collaborate with team to develop vision and strategy for development and implementation of general membership curriculum for all collegiate members, the differentiated membership experience, chapter leadership training and local and national volunteer training.
- Collaborate with team to development vision and strategy for development and implementation for chapter advisory board (CAB) training and resources.
- Ensure routine updates of department resources including manuals, policies, procedures, training, Norman Shield and other materials for collegians, CAB and NLT.
- Ensure chapter programming requirements are set annually and communicated effectively to staff, NLT, CAB and collegians.
- Work with NVP, NVP-C and DCE to set a strategic vision for the next generation of collegiate and volunteer training and programming and identify the next iteration of curriculum for future implementation.
- Project manage the development and execution of a hybrid virtual/in-person training for collegiate officers and volunteers.
- Actively manage the inventory of all educational resources and programming for collegians, local volunteers and NLT.
- Oversee ongoing development of confidence initiatives and integration in all programming.
- Serve as the key technology contributor to technology platforms and applications that support training and development.
- Research learning methods to ensure educational and leadership programming is up-to-date and relevant for all Kappa Delta members
- Provide intentional review of the work produced by the training and development team and identify integration points between the functional areas of each TDM. Ensure consistency in deliverables and communication across the organization.
- Manage communications around team deliverables and project updates to staff, NLT, chapter officers, general members and local volunteers.
- Supervise training and development associates/managers.
- Hire and onboard training and development staff.
- Handle situations according to our policies and procedures while fact finding when situations arise.
- Manage the budget and overall expenses for training and development curriculum.
- Identify campus trends and elevate for discussion.
- Stay current on industry practices and successful programming.
- Develop and deliver presentations as requested.
- Assist with planning and implementation of national conferences and special events as directed.
- Serve as on-site event staff.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Chapter visits and conference travel as determined by the executive director (throughout the year).
- Convention (late June of odd years).
- Industry conferences as determined by the executive director.
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees required in the field of education, curriculum development and/or experience developing curriculum and working with both collegians and advisors.
- 6+ years of related career experience.
- Knowledge of the higher education industry, specifically training and development.
- Experience with LMS software.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills.
- People management experience with proven success in building and motivating a dynamic team.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional work ethic and professional demeanor with a positive, flexible attitude
- Ability to develop, plan, organize, manage, and evaluate training and development programs.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data to make informed recommendations related to curriculum development.
- Flexible to manage personnel after hours as needs arise.
- Kappa Delta membership and volunteer experience are beneficial.