Celebrate the power of women’s friendship.
Created by Kappa Delta Sorority, International Women’s Friendship Month encourages women to remember the important roles friends play in their lives. Throughout the month of September, women around the world celebrate with fun get-togethers, special adventures and all-out celebrations. Many Kappa Delta chapters host special activities for women on their campuses.
Mark your calendars and join us in celebrating women’s friendship each September!
- Send a card or short note to your best friend telling her how much she means to you.
- Remember a special friend with a book of poetry or fiction.
- Send a card, and perhaps a photo, to a faraway friend.
- Plan a girls’ night out. Go see a movie. Make reservations for dinner.
- Visit a spa together. Make appointments for manicures.
- Reconnect with a childhood friend with whom you’ve lost contact.
- Sign up for a cooking or gardening class together.
- Plan an adventure. Go hiking, hot-air ballooning, white water rafting, etc.
- Start up a book club with close friends.
- Send flowers to your mother, sister or other relative who has also been a good friend to you.
- Hand out goodie bags to your female coworkers. Include a note about International Women’s Friendship Month.
- Create a playlist with songs that remind you of your friendship and share with your friend.
- Make a photo album or digital scrapbook that celebrates your friendship.
- Use your special talents or hobbies to make your friend a meaningful gift.
- Make plans with your good friends to volunteer at a women’s shelter, soup kitchen or child advocacy program.