8 Reasons to #TYAdvisors
Happy Advisor Appreciation Month! It’s hard to imagine where we would be without our advisors. Our chapter advisory board volunteers help brainstorm and set goals, provide guidance when issues come up, and act as personal mentors. University fraternity/sorority advisors devote their careers—and even some of their personal time—to serving and bettering the fraternal community. They deserve a round of applause!
Here are 8 reasons you should thank your advisor.
- Advisors are your chapter’s biggest cheerleaders. They want your chapter to succeed just as much as you do.
- They are role models. They show chapter members how to live our values and be confident, passionate Kappa Deltas.
- They remind us that we can serve Kappa Delta after graduation. Kappa Delta is for life!
- They are there for you in good times and in bad. Your advisors likely have full-time jobs, families and many other commitments; however, they are only a phone call away when you need them.
- They have the best advice. Whether it’s a chapter issue or a personal matter, your advisor can help you through it.
- While council officers change from year to year, your advisors offer consistency for your chapter. They’ve worked with multiple councils and know what worked well in the past and what didn’t.
- They help you network! They’ve been in your shoes before and know how important it is to have the right contacts to land your dream job.
- Even after graduation, they are invested in you and your well-being. They want to see you thrive, so don’t be afraid to call your advisor to chat.
If you are an advisor in our Greek community, know how much we appreciate your hard work and dedication to helping our members achieve their goals. We recognize that you are making a personal sacrifice to share your passion and knowledge with our collegians. No matter the day or the month, you are appreciated!
Join us in thanking our Kappa Delta advisors on social media. Share what you love and appreciate about your advisor using the hashtag #MyKDAdvisor. Be sure to follow @NPCWomen on Twitter and #TYAdvisors for celebration ideas throughout the month.