Join KD in the movement to build confidence in girls and women.
The statistics are alarming:
- 90% of all women want to change at least one aspect of their physical appearance.
- 81% of 10-year-old girls are afraid of being fat.
- Women are routinely degraded in everything from pop culture to casual conversation.
- Every 15 seconds a woman is battered.
- 57% of women are targeted for workplace bullying.
- Women make only 84% of their male peers’ salaries.
- Only 4% of women think they are beautiful.
Kappa Delta created the Confidence Coalition to address the many issues that diminish confidence in women and girls. This international movement enables women and girls to embrace their uniqueness, stand up to peer pressure and media stereotypes, say no to risky behavior and abusive relationships, and put an end to relational aggression, such as bullying – on the playground and in the office.
We believe in a world of confident, healthy women and girls with positive self-image, big dreams and support for one another. Join Kappa Delta in the movement to build confidence in women and girls.
Take steps to make a difference in the lives of women and girls.
- Distribute “Catch Confidence” cards to women and girls in your community. Write an encouraging message on the back of the card and share it with someone who you catch being confident. Order cards here.
- Plan a “You Make Me Smile” campaign. Write positive messages on blue balloons and hand them out around campus or in your community. Or write uplifting messages on sticky notes and place them on bathroom mirrors and other places where people will find them.